Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wed. Night - Isle of Bute, Scotland - Hotel Victoria




Well it's official! I' sick as hell! Still coughing constantly and the voice is gone. That said, we had a really good gig tonight. People said they loved the vocals. Seriously, they either had to be deaf or huge fans of Leon Redbone. We had good CD sales tonight and more importantly, nice rooms to lay our weary heads. I am planning on seeing a Dr. in the am - hopefully for some antibiotics or rotorooter.

One stand out tonight. There was a guy at the bar who either had some form of CP or a stroke - with difficulty talking and huge problems walking. After hearing that I had throat trouble, he made is way out to his car (no small task whatsoever) and gave me his cough drops nd throat lozenges. It's connections like that that keep me going on this wild troubadour life.

We are headed back over the Ferry tomorrow an hour or so down the road to the the West Beer Brewery in Glasgow. As of now I can't sing - hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Thanks for following along.

Peace,

Mark

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you got what I had: a serious allergic reaction to Spring, causing a rapid-onset sore throat, pharyngitis and bronchitis, all within about 36 hours time.

    Luckily I have backup inhalers for just this sort of thing. Still it took me about six weeks to finally shake it.

    Hope that by the time you read this your voice has rebounded.

    Best,

    Gordy

    ReplyDelete